Updating problems

Hello

I have 2 old (5 year) RF60 flashes an 1 brand new. When I tried to update them to work with V6II and HSS I just got "No device connected". I then reinstalled the Cactus Firmware Updater and tried again but with the same problem. I also got a 404-message that the file did not exist. My V6II was easily updated though.

The real problem occurred afterwards, both my old flashes were dead! The new one seems to work but it is not updated. Has firmware 124 as default.

What should I do? Evidently I cannot update them and the 2 old ones need some service, I guess. 

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Are you using a Mac or a PC?

If it is a Mac, you need at least Firmware Updater V.1.03.

I'd just download the latest version of the Updater in any case.

If it is a PC, which Windows version are you using?
    Versions later than 7 require a bit of a
    driver installation dance
    to correctly install the RF60 driver.

At least that has been the case, not sure if anything changed in that regard.

I wonder why two flashes have died considering they weren't even detected. Are you removing the batteries before connecting the USB cable to the computer?

How "dead" are they?
    Perhaps they can be resurrected once you have the Updater driver installed properly?
  • Hello

I have 2 old (5 year) RF60 flashes an 1 brand new. When I tried to update them to work with V6II and HSS I just got "No device connected".... 

Be sure to first switch off the RF60 before proceeding to the update process.

.... I also got a 404-message that the file did not exist. My V6II was easily updated though.

There was a glitch with version 205 where there's no content.

If you choose V204 it should be okay.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Are you using a Mac or a PC?

If it is a Mac, you need at least Firmware Updater V.1.03.

I'd just download the latest version of the Updater in any case.

If it is a PC, which Windows version are you using?
    Versions later than 7 require a bit of a
    driver installation dance
    to correctly install the RF60 driver.

At least that has been the case, not sure if anything changed in that regard.

I wonder why two flashes have died considering they weren't even detected. Are you removing the batteries before connecting the USB cable to the computer?

How "dead" are they?
    Perhaps they can be resurrected once you have the Updater driver installed properly?
    Hello
    I used a PC and win 10, no batteries and turned off (at least that was my intention, perhaps one was turned on, but I doubt it). One of them does not show any life at all when switched on and the other one just turns on the LCD backlight LEDs, thats it.
  • Hello again

I removed and reinstalled the firmware updater for the fourth time. Plugged in the working flash and got the "No device connected" message. Left it on for a while without any change.

I turned of the firmware app with the flash still connected and then turned on the app again (just like I did last night, several times). This time it worked and the flash got the latest firmware. For fun I connected one of the dead flashes while the app was running and it came alive! So did the second one! Now everything works. Weird is the word.

Thank you for your suggestions and time. 
  • Thanks so much for quick updates!

Fantastic news.

I am glad to hear it's working now.  So the key seems to be having the program running before plugging in the RF60...

Thank you also for your patience during this time.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.