Battery Pack EP1

The status indicator turns green for a short time, then it goes to red and stay red. inside the Pack i can hear a creaky noise if it is switched on.
Please Help!

Comments

• Hello @trashchollie

That’s indeed how it is. Green LED for initial connection and while the flash is charging – when the RF60 is sucking the power from the EP-1 battery pack.

The minor hiss sound is common phenomena found on transformers.

You may also refer to the the User Manual:
    http://www.cactus-image.com/Cactus EP-1 User Manual (EN).pdf

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks Antonio.

But, the printed User Manuel which comes with the EP1 says nothing like that.

• But, the printed User Manuel which comes with the EP1 says nothing like that.
    The earlier version of the printed user manual is incorrect.
    Sorry for the confusions.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi all RF60 and RF60X users,

I've been looking for a power pack for my RF60 flash (and future RF60X).  The Cactus community reviews on the Cactus EP-1 battery pack is not very positive.  I just wonder if anyone has ever tried a Canon battery pack for RF60?  Did it work?  The reason I'm asking is because the Cactus EP-1 was also designed for Canon flashes 600EX-RT, 580EX II, 580EX.
    I appreciate all answers.  Thank you all.

Tran
  • What negative reviews about the EP-1 pack are you referring to?

In my experience, the EP-1 doesn't deserve any significant negative remarks.

The connector on the RF60(x) is Canon-compatible and any battery pack with a Canon connector should work.
  • Hi @ngoctran, do remind us where did you read about the "not very positive" review of the EP-1 battery pack? I would love to know and find ways to improve it where possible.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager