V6 II will not learn Fuji X-T1 ans Nikon SB900

V6 II will not learn? 
To enable HSS with a Cactus V6 II and Fuji X-T1  I go true the setup via menu -> Camera and Flash setup -> scroll to Learn HSS and START via the OKE button. After the flash fired the display shows Lear completed 
After that I pushed the scroll wheel to set Forced HSS to ON. No it shout be ready to to above sync speed
But the flash will not be triggerd by the castus anymore

How to fix this?

Using a:
- Fuji X-T1 
- Nikon SB900
- 2 Casus V6 II with firmware 0.7 

Comments

• Hey @Walter

By "V6 II will not learn Fuji X-T1", do you mean the V6 II could not auto-detect the camear as a Fujifilm Camera?

Firmware 0.7?  The latest firmware is 1.1.002.

Make sure your SB-900 is set to TTL mode, switch it on first, then switch on the V6 II to RX mode.

Please also check and see if points below help with your case.

Detecting the Camera Ssystem
    With
    Fujifilm cameras, they tend to sleep very quickly - even if you just
    started up the camera. So in order to keep it awake, when you switch on
    the V6 II to TX mode, half-press the shutter release of your X-Pro2
    simultanously, maybe 2-3 half-presses as you switch on the V6 II.

Make
    sure you have selected AUTO on your V6 II for Camera System. If you
    manually selected Fujifilm previously, select Auto and the selection
    applies on the next powering on.

LEARN HSS on the V6 II
    Next,
    go through the LEARN HSS process. Remember to set your camera's shutter
    speed above x-sync, such as 1/1000, you may set it higher to 1/4000s or
    1/8000s as you like. Then take a shot and it will record the HSS info
    of your camera.

FYI once I was testing on the X-T1 and battery
    died on me. Powering on the camera and V6 II again, despite the V6 II
    says LEARN HSS has been recorded, it just won't sync with HSS. So I had
    to redo the LEARN HSS procedure.

Turn ON Forced HSS for Fujifilm
    Finally,
    make sure you actually turn ON the Forced HSS mode for Fujifilm. And
    you do that by pushing in the rotary dial.  Please take note that you
    will have to turn ON /OFF as your shutter speed go beyond or below the
    x-sync speed, otherwise the flash will not sync.

Checklist
    In conclusion, here are the steps to check:
    1. Auto-detect camera: Half-press shutter release
    2. Learn HSS: shoot above x-snyc
    3. Turn ON/OFF Forced HSS for Fujifilm: push in rotary dial
    Thank you and I hope the above is helpful!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited August 2016
    -Hey @Antonio
    Thanks for your respons
    By "V6 II will not learn Fuji X-T1", do you mean the V6 II could not auto-detect the camera as a Fujifilm Camera?
    - No that is not wat I ment. The auto detection of the camera en flash works great I tink. The Cactus on the camera autodetects the Fuji camera but is not showing that the flash is a Nikon. The Cactus that connected white the flash is showing that the flash is a Nikon 
    - The "learn HSS" is the problem. I follow the procedure like you haven written before. 
    - But after turning the forced HSS ON (camera is still set on 1/1000)  the flash will not be triggered
    The only way to trigger the flash is to turn OFF the Forced HSS by pushing the dial. 
    - Both casus have the latest firmware version 1.1.002. 

Is there any way to trigger the flash in HSS mode?
    thanks
    Walter

• Hey @Walter,

Try switching off both the camera and the V6 II (TX) and run LEARN HSS again. Then turn on Forced HSS, and take a shot.

Another reason is due to the lost of hot shoe connection wtih the camera. Due to the smaller size contact pins, a small movement of the V6 II hot shoe may affects its connectivity.

Some Fujifilm users removed the camera's hot shoe metal spring plate and there are no longer triggering issues.  You may try that too and see if it works on your X-T1.

You may refer to the steps shown here on the Olympus E-M1:

Thank you and I hope the above works for you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hey @Antonio,
    thanks for your respons. I did find out that by setting the Casus on camera manual to the flash brand in stead of using the auto function it works fine. Now when set Forced HSS ON it does trigger the remote Casus and the flash on top of it.
    Have a great day
    Walter
  • ...by setting the Casus on camera manual to the flash brand in stead of using the auto function it works fine.
    Hi Walter, are you putting the SB-900 as an on-camera flash? I thought you have it as an off-camera flash.

If you do not have an on-camera flash, even if you choose auto-detect, the V6 II should not detect any flash.

But if you indeed have a flash on the V6 II TX unit, if you choose the correct profile (manually or auto) you will be able to control it's power and zoom directly on the V6 II TX. The flash needs to be in TTL mode, just like when you have it on the RX unit.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager