SB-27 problem

When I tried learning the SB-27 with the V6, I got a "Not compatible" message. Yet this flash has TTL & is non digital. What gives?
Also, I went successfully through the process with my SB-80, & when I went to name it - a couple of minutes later with the lights on - the display had defaulted elsewhere. How do I find it again & give it a proper name? 

Comments

• Hello @Vanlslander

It could have been that the flash wasn't able to recycle fast enough. Which firmware version are your V6 running on? On the latest 1.0.019 we extended a longer time sequences for flash profile learning. But do use freshly charged batteries or brand new alkalines before starting the learning process.

If you didn't input a name, the learned profile probably did not save. If it did, you will find it under a sub-folder under FLASH PROFILE as LEARNED.

For your SB-27, make sure you do not block the Light Sensor and make sure the distance between the flash and a relfective surface is around 1m. Follow the steps on the V6 and toggle from TTL to M modes on the flash as instructed.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing your updates.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks, Antonio, for this. I will try again along the lines you suggest, but I did have new batteries & measured the distance. My V6 pair are new, but I'll check the firmware also. Will let you know if I'm successful second time around.
    I appreciate your prompt (and promising) response.
    Barry
  • No problem. And thanks for trying too, Barry!

Keep us posted
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.