Metz 64 AF 1

Hallo,
works the V6 with Metz 64 AF1 on Panasonic GX8?

And when, wich settings do I need?
Thanks for your answers.

Erich
from Germany (Home of Metz)

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Hello @ehagemann Erich,

I am sorry to let you know that there isn't an existing flash profile for the Metz 64 AF-1 (for Panasonic). Also, it cannot be "learned" by the V6's Flash Profile Learning program. So this means that this Metz model is not compatible.

The reason is that most new portable flash models runs on a purely digital TTL protocols. In order for the V6 to leran the flash it needs to support analogue TTL protocols also.  FYI the Metz 64 AF-1 for Nikon offers both, so it can be learned. Too bad for Panasonic they have taken out the analogue section.

For your off-camera flash unit, you may consider getting a compatible flash model, such as the Metz 58 AF-2 (for Canon).

You do not need to match the system between camera and flash because there is not communication between the camera and the flash - the connection is between the V6 units. Set the flash to TTL mode.

Then you may use your current Metz unit (for Panasonic) as an on-camera flash, mounted above the V6 (TX) on your Panasonic GX8. By simply enabling TTL Pass Through, setting the flash in TTL mode, and the flash will fire as normal with automatic explosures.  At the same time, your off-camera flash mounted on a second V6 (RX) will be triggered - with flash power manually controlled from the V6 (TX).

I hope the above helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.