V6 used with Canon 600EX-RT and XT1 +V6

Dear Sirs,

I purchased V6 for wireless TTL with my existing flashes like Canon 600EX-RT, Nikon SB910 and Nissin i40 for Fujifilm.

I have tested Canon 600EX-RT with my XT1 + V6.  XT1 is my primary purpose of purchasing V6 as XT1 has no TTL wireless accessory.  In the test, I have found that TTL did not work.  The picture are always over-exposed though the flash can fire.  Please advise if XT1 can use TTL features of Canon flash + V6.

Secondly, Nissin i40 can be fired wireless using TTL mode with XT1.

Thirdly, the Profile Setting there is no Fujifilm mode e.g. XT1, how can my XT1 Nissin flash be used Wireless TTL?

Learn-mode does not have Fujifilm flash, how can V6 learn my Nissin i40 for Fujifilm flash correctly?

Forth, V6 TX on XT1 can trigger TTL request with V6 RX flashes?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sekkin 

Comments

• Hello Sekkin,

I am sorry to let you know that you have misunderstood the Cactus system.

Cactus V6 is a manual flash trigger system - it is not a TTL flash trigger.

There are no wireless TTL signals transmitted from the camera to the flash. If you have a Canon camera + Canon flash (such as the 600EX-RT), there is no automatic TTL metering. Whilst your current setup is even a step further - using a camera system (the Fuji) that is different from the flash (Canon), such scenario of cross-brand TTL does not work.

To use the V6 with your setup, here's how:
    1. On your camera, Fujifilm X-T1, set to Manual shooting mode (M mode)
    2. Mount the first V6 on X-T1's hot shoe, set it to Transmitter mode (TX mode)
    3. Mount the 600EX-RT to the second V6
    4. Switch on the 600EX-RT, set it to TTL mode
    5. Switch on the second V6 and set it to Reciever mode (RX mode)
    6. On the second V6, Select the correct Flash Profile by pressing the Menu button, scroll to Canon and select the 600EX-RT profile, click USE
    Set the same channels and groups on both V6 units and you are good to go.

Flash Power outputs are adjusted manually via the Adjustment Dial on the V6 (TX) mounted on your X-T1.

As for the Nissin i40, it is not listed as a compatible model for the V6.

For V6 compatible flash models, please refer to the product page or to these lists which are upated as well:

In the meantime you may be interested to watch this product intro video:

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.