Remote control shutter of second body.

I have two Cactus v6's one on a body (1) without shutter release cable and another on a body (2) with release cable. When I push the release on the v6 directly on body 1 it will focus and release the shutter on body 2. So far so good.

What I would like is to trigger the shutter on body 2 by pressing the shutter on body 1.

Can somebody explain if this is possible?

Comments

• Hello @MartinPieters

Technically yes but the V6 is not designed for this purpose.

You may find that depending on your camera, lens, subject and available light, the remote camera may not lock on a focus in time upon receiving the signal from the V6 TX, and you will end up snapping a photo on your main camera (body 1) and none on the remote camera (body 2, with Auto Focus enabled).

So depending on your application, we would recommend you to use Manual Focus on your remote camera (body 2). This would give you better chances of take a shot, but may still not be perfect as all cameras exhibits shutter lag - the time from the moment the camera receives a signal to take a shot (either from shutter button or shutter shutter) to the actual release of the shutter curtain. On some camera models, the shutter lag could also cause the camera not taking the shot.

FYI we have been asked by sports photographers to allow them to take multiple images in continuous shooting mode and we are in the midst of testing.  If you could tell me your application(s) and I will see if the new feaeture works for you.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio,

You welcome! Thanks for the detailed explanation.

My main purpose is also sports and nature. Allowing to set up remote camera's gives the possibility to capture images from different angles. Also for nature I would like to place a second camera closer to the subject without disturbing it by my presence. This will fires at the same time with my main body.

If you need somebody to do beta testing just let me know.

Kind regards,
    Martin
  • Hi Martin,

Great to hear you are also into sports and nature!  I'll PM you for more info.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • What I would like is to trigger the shutter on body 2 by pressing the shutter on body 1.
    That works right out of the box, provided you put the sender (V6 Tx) on the hot-shoe of body 1. As long as you are getting a flash trigger signal on your hot-shoe (e.g., Pentax cameras do not provide a trigger signal once the shutter speed exceeds 1/180s) your V6 Tx will be triggered and in turn will trigger the V6 Rx. If the latter is connected to body 2 with a shutter release cable then body 2 will take a photo as well.