Use the x-sync port for connecting external devices for activating the trigger.

I want to use my V6 triggers for high speed purposes. 
Therefore I have an idea to use a V6 trigger as interface for several different kind of devices which should activate the trigger.
Can I connect devices on the X-sync port to activate the trigger?
Could you provide me some info (datasheet) concerning the x sync port? 

Comments

• Have more or less the same question. I can use the sync port to trigger flashes from my flash meter. But I would like to use a timer to trigger BULB exposures. So I would need to convert from the 2.5mm stereo plug of my remote release and timer to that 3.5 plug. I tried a stereo 2.5 to 3.5 adapter but it doesn't work.
  • @HvD, yes you can device to the X-sync port of the V6 set to TX mode by using a 3.5 cable such as this one: http://store.cactus-image.com/cactus-coiled-3-5mm-plug-cable-with-6-35mm-plug-adapter-ca-360/

@bwing the Bulb Mode on the V6 requires the press and hold of the Test Button so unfortunately this cannot be done through the 3.5mm port.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.