Fuji EF-X500 Compatability

Hello all,

I have a question about using the V6's with the Fuji EF-X500.  At present I have 3 V6's.  I use 2 with my old SB-800's and the third V6 is used on camera (Fuji X-E2) with a Meike 350F and have it set to TTL pass through if I need to use it.  I debating picking up a Fuji EF-X500 to replace the Meike as it is a very weak flash and has limited bounce capabilities.  Does anyone know if the Fuji EF-X500 will be compatible with my V6's (allow for remote adjustments and also allow TTL pass through when mounted on Camera) or do I need to have a V6 II for the pass through.  I'm not concerned with HSS at this point as the X-E2 doesn't have this capability.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Comments

• There's no Fujifilm flash system support on the original V6 (MK1).  It's only available on the V6 II - if you need remote power and zoom control. 

Keep in mind that only a V6 II (TX) can trigger another V6 II (RX).  A V6 II can trigger a V6 (MK1) at the same time.

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • There's no Fujifilm flash system support on the original V6 (MK1).  It's only available on the V6 II - if you need remote power and zoom control. 

Keep in mind that only a V6 II (TX) can trigger another V6 II (RX).  A V6 II can trigger a V6 (MK1) at the same time.

Thanks!

Thanks very much!

• You are welcome.

Just shout if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • You are welcome.

Just shout if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Hi Antonio,

Another question...this time about the RF60 and the V6.  Is the RF60 TTL capable now with the Fuji system?  Does it require use of a V6 (or V6 II) mounted on the hot shoe to do TTL pass through. I'm debating picking up a couple of RF60's instead of the Fuji EF-X500.  If they can do TTL when mounted on the X-E2 and when not mounted be controlled with a V6 then that would the direction I will be going.  Thanks again for your help
  • The RF60/RF60X is a manual flash when mounted directly on hot shoe, so it cannot replace a typical TTL flash, such as the EF-X500.

RF60 / RF60X is only an off-camera flash that supports wireless TTL and HSS.  It is not designed for on-camera flash to support these functions.

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Awesome....thanks again for all your help!
  • Awesome....thanks again for all your help!
    Anytime!  It is our pleasure. Just shout if you need anything else.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager