Help please

Here's my question I'm a little unclear on things I have to Cactus V6. I have to Nikon sb-80dx flashes. I have got the V6 to learn these flashes or I understand you can just use the already Nikon SB 28 profile it's already made and it'll control these flashes are very similar.

Now here's the problem I have a bronica gs-1 it's it's an old film camera it has a Spieth grip with a hot shoe on it I'm putting one V6 on the hot shoe one V6 on my Nikon flash I'm able to fire the Flash no problem.

I can change the power 1/16 1/8 1/4 can I control the zoom from the cactus V6 can I can I control the zoom of The Flash with a cactus V6?

My camera does not offer TTL .

One other question if I purchase the cactus rf60x and use those flashes is it going to offer me more control with the cactus V6 did I currently have sorry for so many questions.

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Only the V6II can control the zoom setting of flashes other than the RF60(X).

The RF60X would give you remote zoom control and very quick recycling. You may also be able to exploit its HSS capabilities, although to do that with a V6 would require workarounds.

An RF60X also responds to 1/10 stop power level control from a V6 and has some more tricks up its sleeves, like a delay setting, for instance.
  • Thank you very much for your response if I keep my Nikon sb-80dx and I get the cactus V6 II will I be able to control the zoom on my Nikons ?
  • edited March 2018
    I'll ask the question again will the Nikon sb80 DX work with the cactus V6 II ?
  • I believe I've answered this in another thread?

Get a V6 II on camera as TX

Mount the SB-80DX on a V6.

And you can trigger the flash with remote power control. 

Hope this helps.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.