Bronica gs-1 and V6

I have the V6 I have two of them I have a Nikon sb-80dx which I've put into the cactus V6 and it learned it it works.

When I put my flash into the V6 and it acts as a receiver and I turn on my other V6 as a transmitter it will not fire off of my hot shoe on my bronica gs-1 when I push the test button it fires The Flash but when I talk to shutter and fire my camera it will not fire The Flash cannot figure out what's going on it should work I need help.

Comments

• The only thing I can think of is I need a sync cord from the camera into the cactus V6 on my hot shoe but I shouldn't have to do that can't figure out why it won't fire when I put the flash just in my hot shoe alone it fires perfectly.
  • As I mentioned in your other post, when you mount on your Nikon SB-80DX directly on camera hot shoe, set the flash to M mode, when you release shutter, does the flash fire?

When you release camera shutter button you will also see the Status LED blink green.

This way you can check if there's a good hot shoe connection, and if the hot shoe is actually sending out a signal.

Please let us know.

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I actually found out that the cactus V6 transmitter on my hot shoe was not making a good connection some of the pins were not engaging I had to take a butter knife and push the pins up and Slide the cactus V6 further onto my hot shoe all is good now thank you.
  • I do have one other question the flash seems to also want to let me control it when my flash is in TTL even though I don't have TTL I'm able to dial and control it from my Cactus V6 and it fires so I don't know what's going on with that I thought it would only work in manual mode.

And I did get the cactus V6 to learn my Nikon sb-80dx I finally figured that out.
  • I do have one other question the flash seems to also want to let me control it when my flash is in TTL even though I don't have TTL I'm able to dial and control it from my Cactus V6 and it fires so I don't know what's going on with that I thought it would only work in manual mode.
    That is exactly how a TTL flash can be manually controlled by a V6, as designed and as instructed in the user manual.

In other words, the V6 can only communicate with the flash when it is operating in TTL mode. 

If it is M mode, only the center hot shoe pin of the flash is engaged in communication. In such a case, it only operates with an on/off switch. And how would the V6 unit talk to it with more "advanced language" - aka remote power control? 

Hope this clears your confusion.

And I did get the cactus V6 to learn my Nikon sb-80dx I finally figured that out.
    Great news.

Thanks for the update.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Can let me see if I got this if I understand this correctly I cannot shoot my flash in manual mode with V6 ?

So when I'm shooting in TTL mode I have full control over the power of the flash right I can set 1/4 power 1/8 power everything the zoom ?
  • Yes, the flash must not be in manual mode (if you want to control its power level with the V6).

If the flash is in TTL mode, you can manually choose power levels using the V6. You cannot change the zoom setting using the V6, though.