Cactus Firmware Updater: Error Codes

When you are conducting a firmware update on a Cactus device, there is a chance that an error code would appear.

Below is a quick summary of the codes you may encounter and the course of action you should take.

Error 43: Firmware writing error, try again for a few times, may require a compatible mini-USB cable. If updating continue to fail for several trials then return to dealer / Cactus for service.

Error 47: Firmware writing error, try again for a few times, may require a compatible mini-USB cable. If updating continue to fail for several trials then return to dealer / Cactus for service.

Error 52: Firmware writing error, try again for a few times, may require a compatible mini-USB cable. If updating continue to fail for several trials then return to dealer / Cactus for service.

Error 76: Program error, exit / close the Updater and start the program again.

Error 99: MCU failure, return to dealer / Cactus for service.

As always, if you are not sure if you have taken the required measures in troubleshooting, please contact us for further assistance.

Thank you.
Antonio Lao
Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 

Comments

• I'm getting Error 43 on BOTH of my RF60's - and neither of them are talking with my V6ii anymore either.

I've tried re-installing the firmware update, I've tried rebooting my computer, I've tried FOUR different cables, I've tried uninstalling the device drivers, I've tried different USB ports... I'm losing my mind! Next up is a different computer but I don't have one on hand right now.

My RF60X is fine, however, updates totally fine so I feel like something is wrong with my flashes themselves and not my computer (Which makes me worried since I don't know when I can afford to send two thirds of my flashes to china for two-six weeks)
  • I have a similar problem 2x RF60's and 1x V6ii. I've used two usb cables and two computers. on the second computer I noticed this error message:
    LibUSB-Win32 - Kernel Driver
    Windows blocked the installation of a digitally unsigned driver. Uninstall the program or device that uses the driver and check the publishers website for a digitally signed version of the driver.
    Cactus - can you please help.
  • edited June 2018

I'm getting Error 43 on BOTH of my RF60's - and neither of them are talking with my V6ii anymore either.

I've tried re-installing the firmware update, I've tried rebooting my computer, I've tried FOUR different cables, I've tried uninstalling the device drivers, I've tried different USB ports... I'm losing my mind! Next up is a different computer but I don't have one on hand right now.

My RF60X is fine, however, updates totally fine so I feel like something is wrong with my flashes themselves and not my computer (Which makes me worried since I don't know when I can afford to send two thirds of my flashes to china for two-six weeks)

I tried too update the V6's but got error 43 all the time I tried different computers and cables too no avail. After many hours of experimenting I discovered the error 43 was being caused by the driver that was installed by the update program I unistalled the driver from Device Manager (you need the Cactus plug into the pc and in update mode you will then see the driver listed at the top of the list) but not the program and win10 installed its own driver when I attached the V6 which then let me update all the V6's too the latest firmware 2.1.001 V6's are all working correctly now I hope this info can be of use too anyone else struggling with the erro 43.
  • You're right. It seems that when I plug in my RF60's they are instlaling something on my computer, which I'm pretty sure didn't used to happen. I've tried uninstalling those drivers, but it keeps coming back.

It seems that when I plug in the RF60x, the PC more or less ignores it: But when plugging in the RF60, my computer goes through the 'set up' process (Even when I tell it not to), this is really frustrating
  • I'm getting Error 43 on BOTH of my RF60's - and neither of them are talking with my V6ii anymore either.

I am guessing you got the firmware versions wrong?
    What version are you running on the V6 II and on the RF60?
    You have to match up "1" with "1" and "A" with "A".

1.1.013 on V6 II has to pair with 205 on RF60 and 104 on RF60X

CAN.A.001 on V6 II has to pair with A06 or A07 on RF60/RF60X.

Hope this helps!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Allan said:

I have a similar problem 2x RF60's and 1x V6ii. I've used two usb cables and two computers. on the second computer I noticed this error message:
    Windows blocked the installation of a digitally unsigned driver. Uninstall the program or device that uses the driver and check the publishers website for a digitally signed version of the driver.

Hi @Alan, this means the driver wasn't installed correctly on your computer.
    What you need to do is simply reinstall the Firmware Updater and follow all the pop-up prompts by the computer then you can be sure the driver is installed properly.

You want want to disable any anit-virus program active just in case it blocks any of the prompts / actions during installation.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Antonio said:

Allan said:

I have a similar problem 2x RF60's and 1x V6ii. I've used two usb cables and two computers. on the second computer I noticed this error message:

Hi @Alan, this means the driver wasn't installed correctly on your computer.
    What you need to do is simply reinstall the Firmware Updater and follow all the pop-up prompts by the computer then you can be sure the driver is installed properly.

You want want to disable any anit-virus program active just in case it blocks any of the prompts / actions during installation.

Thanks!
    Thanks, but if that was the problem I would have completed the upgrade on Friday evening.
    On Friday, after many attempts I managed to upgrade my V6II to FUJ.A.001. However I was unable to upgrade either of my RF60's because of error 43. I installed/ uninstalled the firmware updater several times with and without disabling my anti virus.
    I then tried to update one of my original V6 triggers - same write errors as the RF60's.

I then tried on a different computer, both RF60's and V6 both gave same error 43's. It was on this second computer that I noticed the win driver error. I have installed / uninstalled the firmware updater several times (with without anti virus) .

I now have a V6ii which has the latest firmware but it cannot talk to my RF60's. Fortunately I am able to use one of my original V6 triggers with the Rf60's but that doesn't allow for HSS.

It seems to me that the Cactus updater is corrupted? So any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.Thanks
  • @Allan

You got confused, when I mentioned about disabling the anti-virus program it was for installing the Cactus Firmware Updater program onto your computer hard disc - and NOT the installation of firmware onto Cactus devices.

As noted in OP's message, Error 43 pops up may due to a bad USB cable. Have you tried using another cable?

Also, as noted earlier, please reinstall the Cactus Firmware Updater again - depending on when you last installed it you may want to download it from our website again before proceeding with the program installation.

So 2 things:
    1. Reinstall program
    2. New cable
    Thank you and I hope it works out for you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hello Antonio,
    I eventually worked out the problem which was the unsigned driver. You had placed an article on the site in August 2015 of how to install an unsigned driver. I followed the instructions to a successful conclusion ie. V6ii and two x RF60's able to use ttl.
    I have a further three V6 triggers - is there any way that i can use them to trigger the updated ttl Rf60's?
    Thanks
  • Antonio said:

Hope this helps!

I think you may be misunderstanding my issue.

My RF60's cannot talk with my V6ii because of a firmware incompatability issue, yes. HOWEVER I cannot update my firmware on either of my RF60's because I keep getting error 34. I've tried re-installing the firmware updater, different cables (Four of them), rebooting, different USB ports, etc. etc. etc. Neither of my RF60's are updating correctly.

V6ii is Fuj.A.001

RF60X - A07

RF60 - both of my RF60's are on firmware 205.

However, I can't upgrade, change, or update my RF60's because of error 43 and I have no idea how to resolve this issue
  • Antonio said:

Hope this helps!

My RF60's cannot talk with my V6ii because of a firmware incompatability issue, yes. HOWEVER I cannot update my firmware on either of my RF60's because I keep getting error 34. I've tried re-installing the firmware updater, different cables (Four of them), rebooting, different USB ports, etc. etc. etc. Neither of my RF60's are updating correctly.

V6ii is Fuj.A.001

RF60X - A07

However, I can't upgrade, change, or update my RF60's because of error 43 and I have no idea how to resolve this issue
    David, it seems like your problem is identical to the issue that I had (see above). It would be worth your while installing the drivers as unsigned drivers. There is an article on how to this under Announcements in August 2015.
  • Allan said:

Antonio said:

Hope this helps!

V6ii is Fuj.A.001

RF60X - A07

David, it seems like your problem is identical to the issue that I had (see above). It would be worth your while installing the drivers as unsigned drivers. There is an article on how to this under Announcements in August 2015.
    YES! THANK YOU!
  • @DavidFulde so is the problem fixed now?

The signed drivers should be installed as Cactus Firmware Updater installs. We have long fixed this issue. What Windows OS are you running? And it's only the RF60 that you had problems with?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• A few weeks ago I ordered a used V6 II from a large store store that starts with an A. On updating the firmware I came up with Error 99. I contacted Ad. I have never heard from them. I guess I need to send it to Cactus or am I out of the money paid?
  • If it is Adorama, why don't you mention them?

Adorama has customer representatives like Helen Oyster who search the internet for people having issues with Adorama, so that they can jump in and help.

In general, it should be the store's responsibility to make sure you have a working unit. Only if they refer you to Cactus, you should turn to Cactus and even then the store may not be right.

FWIW, I'm sure Cactus will help you in one way or another, I wouldn't fear that you are out of the money paid.
  • I fear it,s too late. I guess I will have to junk it. And eat the loss
  • Hi there,
    I had error code 43 with updating my 2 V6 triggers. I tried with different cable but couldn't solve. Later I set up the updater to another computer and manager the update. Now I can pair my V6 triggers with V6ii triggers. So you should try.
  • Hi all,
    I am working in a new Win10 environment.
    I have USB3 and USB2 ports
    I have three RF60s
    I have a brand new cable

I have tried both my USB3 port and my older USB2 port
    I have deleted the driver
    I have shut down my firewall, redownloaded the update programs and re-installed, then relaunched the program

I have tried to update all three RF60s several times as suggested.
    Error code 43 on all of them.

HELP?
  • I TRIED TO USE THE UPDATER AND IT SIMPLY IS NOT WORKING!!!!
  • I have 8 triggers and it would really be nice to have them working correctly!!!!
  • For Windows users:
    Please checkout the steps here in disabling the driver signing enforcement and reinstall the Cactus Firmware Updater.

For Mac users:
    Try downloading / reinstalling the Firmware Updater, but this time, disable any anti-virus programs you may have running in the background, such as Norton or McAfee. Just disable it for 10-15 minutes. Because during the installation, it will install the drivers. However most anti-virus programs picks this up as a threat (perhaps because we haven't paid them money?), which obviously it is not a threat.

Give that a try and the computer will recognize your V6 / V6 II / V6 IIs / RF60X / RF60.

Thank you.