Communication between V6IIS with V6II

Hi Team,

I got the V6IIS as my TX and my other V6II as my RX. Both are on the same Group, Radio Channel, and Radio ID. I'm not testing the flash at all yet, just communication. When I press the Test Button on the V6IIS I do not get the confirmation on the V6II LED that it communicated. 

V6IIS version: SON.1.002
V6II version: PEN.A.001

I switched it up and made the V6II as the TX and the V6IIS as the RX and still no luck.

Am I missing a setting?

Comments

• edited April 2018
    The PEN.A.001 firmware only supports the RF60X and P-TTL capable flashes on a V6II receiver.

Hence, I'm not surprised that there is no communication between a PEN.A.001and a V6II receiver that is meant to support Sony flashes (which aren't P-TTL capable). 

There is cross-model compatibility between the V6II and V6IIs when using the multi-brand firmware versions, but to the best of my knowledge this does not extend to the X-TTL firmware variants. Perhaps this will change once "SON.A. ..." versions will become available?
  • Hi Class A,

Thanks for the details. You are correct the two firmwares will not communicate with each other. I did contact support and they promptly responded to use the cross branded HSS firmware which are 

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}
    span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

ver 1.1.003 on the V6 IIs and ver 1.1.013 on the V6 II.  I did that and now it works!

Problem solved and thanks to Ray from Cactus Support!

• Yeah, FYI, we will soon release the "A" version for Sony, as SON.A.001. Doing final bits of testing before releasing it to public.

At the same time we will also release SIG.A.001 (for Sigma) and FUJ.A.001 (for Fujifilm).

I am sure @raychan would be happy to hear you thank him here on the forum as well.

Thank you for your understanding during this time.

Cheers!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.