connection between two V6II S

When I want to connect my two V6iiS, start with RX than TX (tried also the other way), there is some connection because I can change  from 1 to 1/128 and also the focus but when I want to test with the flash I don't see red light and green light and so no test-firing for measurement. But when I put TX on my Sony it's all working when I press my Sony. And when I release the TX from the Sony it remains working.
But many times suddenly the connection stops again. What to do?
Thanks beforehand  for reaction.
Jan

Comments

• @jm2
    Please, can you tell us which firmware version do you have on each unit?
  • The latest on both 1.1.003, by the way there is no problem in the connection with both my RF 60X 's.
    The second V6iiS  in RX mode I use for my Sony flash.
    Thanks for reaction, 
    Jan
  • @jm2
    Please try again using the latest firmware version for the V6IIS. Is the SON.1.002
  • I'am sorry but this is what I found on the Cactus-site with regard to downloads.
  • At the moment I sent it to you I saw the knob -check for latest firmware- in short its working all fine.
    Thanks,
    Jan
  • At the moment I sent it to you I saw the knob -check for latest firmware- in short its working all fine.
    Thanks,
    Jan
    Yes!  

Sorry on the Mac version of the Updater, you need to press the little button before going to update - CHECK FOR LATEST FIRMWARE.

Thank you.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Sorry I had to come back to you. I put the latest firmware also on both my RF60X and between these two test firing is good. But between my V6iiS and two RF60X 's no connection and no test firing.
    So, all are now in latest firmware. Reset my Cactus RF60X back to factory setting, again latest firmware A03 then to same group, channel and radio ID and slave mode.
    Set V6iiS on TX mode. But no test firing.
    What can I do?
    Jan

• @jm2
    Please refer to the info on Antonio's signature.
    The A0* firmware at this moment is only compatible with PEN.A.* and OLY.A.* firmware.
    You must use the latest three numbers firmware. 103 or higher for RF60X at this time.
    In the near future will be a SON.A.* firmware version.
  • Thanks is working again.
  • Thanks is working again.
    Great!  Thanks for posting the update.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.