How many Cactus V6iis i need for HSS? 1 or 2?

Hello everyone, this question had been probably answered hundreds of times before but i haven't been able to find a conclusive answer on if 1 cactus v6ii full works.

I have a Pentax K3 and ordered a Godox AD600bm + X1T-F trigger along with a Cactus V6ii. My question is can i fire AD600 in hss mode while via godox x1t on top of cactus v6ii ?

K3>v6ii>x1t<<<< godox ad600

Comments

• Officially, you need 2.

1 mounted on camera and 1 connected directly to the strobe via sync cord.

If you trrigger-stack, which is not recommended by us, because the V6 II was not designed to function this way. So 1 could work. We did test a Profoto Air-C TTL remote and even TTL worked, besides HSS. 

Thanks for dropping your message.

Cheers!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Oh wow! thanks, Antonio!

If this all goes as planned i will buy the second one just to support you guys! 

-Thanks again.
  • You are welcome.

We haven't tested the Godox setup you mentioned above but have seen others post success on YouTube before.

Thank you for supporting Cactus!!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.