Error code 43 during firmware update

Greetings,

Updating an RF60 from V2.00 to V2.05 using Cactus Updater V3.04.  Updater detects the flash just fine but while sending the new firmware it stops with Error Code 43.  I did try on different computers just to make sure it wasn't the computer having the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Sorry to hear about this.  This error means there was a problem with the firmware installation.

Are you able to still power on the flash and use normally?

You could also hold down the NEXT button while switching on the unit to check the firmware version.  Since the installation did not complete I think it should be running on v2.00.

There could also be a problem with the hardware of your RF60, which caused the error code. If you are still unable to update its firmware please send it to us for a check up.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio,

I am able to power on and use the flash normally.  I even tested for use wirelessly, it worked.

I checked the version, it's still the same at V2.00.  I tried to update again, fails with error code 43 like before.  Can you please send complete shipping info?  I will send it ASAP.

Mike 

• Hi Mike,

Our office address:

Harvest One Ltd.
    11D, Block 2, Koon Wah Mirror Factory (6th) Industrial Building,
    7-9 Ho Tin Street, Tuen Mun,
    New Territories, 
    HONG KONG

Note: If your RF60 was purchased over more than a year ago, there will be a $15 inspection / repair fee. Please provide a copy of your original invoice for our reference. You will only need to pay for the shipping to our office, we will take care of the return. 

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Greetings again.

I don't have the receipt.  I will gladly pay the $15, just tell me where and I'll make it happen.

You guys are the best.

Mike
  • Thanks Mike, just send your RF60 back first and we can go from there. 

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Antonio,

Sending out today.  

Thanks again,

Mike
  • Antonio,

I tried to ship the RF60 out today.  I was very shocked at the price to ship, I could have purchased a new RF60X.

Do you think this is the better option??

Mike 
  • Did you ask USPS to give you the cheapest mailing option? 

From our experience, international priority costs around $24. It should also include a tracking number, just takes longer to arrive.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Thanks, I will look into that today.  

Mike
  • It's on it's way!  Thanks for the help.  BTW, our postal forms don't allow for large addresses   Really had to squeeze it all in.

Keep your eye out for this.

Again, thanks for your help.

Mike

• Great! We will look out for your package.

And yes, the mailing address is quite long, thanks to the building name.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hey Mike,

We received your RF60 and were able to update the firmware without any problem.

I suspect its your mini-USB cable that's causing the hiccups?

We will send your RF60 back later today via registered airmail. Will PM the tracking number later.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Before anything do the basic like running a windows troubleshooter just follow the guide wizard.
    Click Start
    Type Troubleshooting
    Choose “Configure a Device” under Hardware and Sound
    Click Next
    Click Apply This Fix
    check if you're getting same error you can try other methods found on this website
  • I hope to help anyone having the same problem. I am pretty sure that this problem has nothing to do with cables and although it's due to a driver problem, is not about what explained above, at least on Windows 10:

the problem is due to the drivers not be correctly signed. I am not sure why Cactus didn't fix this problem yet not even with the latest update of the updater as I think I communicated the issue to them.

In order to fix the issue, you need to disable the signing check of your drivers. Please follow this link for explanations:

https://ph.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38288/~/windows-10:-disable-signed-driver-enforcement

writing this post also for me, as it's the second time I forgot the real issue and I spent one hour to try to remember how I fixed it the first time.