State the firmware version installed on the V6 II when posting a question

Hey everyone, when you encounter a problem with your gear and want to write a post (new thread or not) please state the firmware version currently installed on your Cactus device.

Helpful links:

Go to the downloads page to download the Cactus Firmware Updater, Quick Start Guide, User Manual, and check the latest list of bug fixes.

Thank you!
Antonio Lao
Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 

Comments

• Just purchased V6 II for my Pentax 645Z but unfortunately I'm disappointed. I've had to go back to the factory installed firmware of V1.1.006. When I tried V1.1.012 and also V1.1.011 & V1.1.010 when using custom menu type 1 the flash will not fire or sync at all. I get top banding/cutoff a little when using V1.1.006 but at least it fires and work to some extent on the 645Z but hardly satisfactory. I'm using the latest 645Z firmware V 1.30. I hope Cactus can correct this custom type 1 issue with the 645Z using the latest Pentax firmware V 1.30 as otherwise my purchase of Cactus V6 II has wasted my money.
  • Just purchased V6 II for my Pentax 645Z but unfortunately I'm disappointed. I've had to go back to the factory installed firmware of V1.1.006. When I tried V1.1.012 and also V1.1.011 & V1.1.010 when using custom menu type 1 the flash will not fire or sync at all. I get top banding/cutoff a little when using V1.1.006 but at least it fires and work to some extent on the 645Z but hardly satisfactory. I'm using the latest 645Z firmware V 1.30. I hope Cactus can correct this custom type 1 issue with the 645Z using the latest Pentax firmware V 1.30 as otherwise my purchase of Cactus V6 II has wasted my money.
    Hi @Muzz,

I am sorry to hear about your initial experience.

What flash are you using?

Does it run on a V6 II compatible TTL system?

We could get consistent results using TYPE 1 on firmware version 1.1.012.   So please tell us more about your setup, such as camera settings (i.e. shutter speed), distance between camera and flash, and any other settings may be worth mentioning:

Camera: Shooting mode (e.g. Aperture priority), Single Shot vs Continuous, etc. 

Flash: flash mode: TTL, M, Slave..etc

V6 II: channel, group, etc. 

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.