HSS

Antonio Hi

I have three V6, three RF60 and two Neewer AD180. Using an Olympus OM D EM5 Mkii or the EM1 Mkii can I achieve HSS.

If the RF60 were each set at the same pulse level would they be in sync when fired simultaneously. 

Thanks

Comments

• Do you have the "Cactus V6"

Or the "Cactus V6 II"?

If you have a Cactus V6 II then yes, if the RF60 is running on the latest firmware and is set to the same channel as the V6 II.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited August 2017
    You can achieve HSS with the V6 as well by using workaround techniques.

One workaround is to use an HSS-capable flash on the camera and use it for optically triggering the V6.

The other workaround is to use the "starter pistol method".

Both approaches are far, far less convenient than using a V6II but I've used them before the V6II became available.

• V6 only.
    Then you should seriously consider getting the V6 II.
    As Class A points out above there are workarounds but not as convenient.

The AD180 does not offer HSS, does it? Then connecting a V6 or V6 II to it won't give you HSS.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.