Does not go beyond 1/250 shutter speed

- Camera: Sony A7
- Trigger on camera: Cactus V6 IIS HSS in TX mode with sync mode in "Normal HSS" or "Power Sync" on the Cactus V6 IIS TX 
- Trigger on Nikon SB800 or SB600 Flash: Cactus V6 II HSS in RX mode

For some reason, whenever I put the Cactus V6 IIS HSS in TX mode on my Sony A7, the shutter speed does NOT go beyond 1/250 sec, as in, I cannot even change the camera shutter speed to go beyond 1/250.  

When I remove the trigger the camera works fine and I can change the shutter speed beyond 1/250.  As soon as I place the TX trigger on, the shutter speed caps at 1/250.

Anyone have any insight on why this is happening and solution for it?

thank you!

Jenny

Comments

• edited August 2017
    nevermind....figured that the flash mode was in "rare curtain sync".  Changed it to "wireless mode" on A7 and the HSS is working now :-)
  • Splendid.  Thanks for the update @Jennyhy.

Shout if you need anything else.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.