No HSS on latest firmware

I just updated my Cactus V6 ii to the latest Fuji TTL firmware and also RF60 to 2.04.
Do I need to do any setting on Cactus V6 ii and RF60 for HSS? I fired test shots but flash power output was very weak. I can see RF60 fired but the images are way under exposed.

Comments

• I'm not a Fuji expert, but I'm pretty sure there are a number of Fuji cameras (e.g. X-Pro1) that still require you to do a "LEARN HSS" step before you can use HSS.

My main advice is that you should post what Fuji camera model you are using so that Fuji experts can help you. It might also be a good idea to include the firmware version of your camera.
  • With the new firmware X-TTL on Cactus V6 ii for Fujifilm camera, "LEARN HSS" step no longer required.  In fact, "LEARN HSS" no longer exists on the menu.
  • @shutterbug, yes, please let us know the camera model.

But v2.04 on RF60 is not the latest version and it does not have TTL.
    You need v2.05.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Sorry, my mistake.  My RF60 is updated to 2.05
    My camera is X-T1
  • Thanks @shutterbug for the clarification.

The usual checks:

1) have you removed the metal spring plate from camera's hot shoe?

2) when you adjust shutter speed or aperture values on the camera, does V6 II LCD displays the changes made? If not, check hot shoe connection.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello @Antonio
    1) remove spring plate: Y
    2) V6 II LCD display changes when shutter speed or aperture values adjusted on camera

I had no issue with HSS prior to X-TTL firmware. Perhaps you can guide me on the settings?

When I fired at shutter speed faster than 1/250s, I just get total dark image. Please help!
  • @shutterbug,

I just tested and no problem at all up to 1/4000s on an X-T1.
    The entire image is well line with not black shadow banding.
    There is, however, a tiny light banding at the bottom of image due to the nature of RF60.

I tried both TTL mode and M mode. Both worked.

Firmware versions used:
    Fujifilm X-T1: 5.10
    Cactus V6 II: FUJ.1.002
    Cactus RF60: 2.05

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• > Antonio > @shutterbug, I just tested and no problem at all up to 1/4000s on an X-T1.The entire image is well line with not black shadow banding.There is, however, a tiny light banding at the bottom of image due to the nature of RF60. I tried both TTL mode and M mode. Both worked. Firmware versions used:Fujifilm X-T1: 5.10Cactus V6 II: FUJ.1.002Cactus RF60: 2.05 Cheers!

Hi,

I have the same problem as shutterbug. Camera: Fuji X-T1. Flash: Nissin i-40. Updated to latest firmware. 
  •  Hi,
    I have the same problem as shutterbug. Camera: Fuji X-T1. Flash: Nissin i-40. Updated to latest firmware. 
    Well, what firmware is your i40?
    Did you send it back to NIssin for an update?

If you haven't, it means you still gotta do that HSS trick until i40's LED blinks to blue or something.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager