V6 Shutter Release with Fuji XT-1

edited April 2017 in V6 Questions
Using the V6 in shutter release mode with a Fuji XT-1 in continuous high shutter release mode, the camera will only take three frames every time the V6 is activated.

Can this be changed? Id like the camera to keep shooting until I release the trigger.

Comments

• Hi @leern,

Would it make a difference if you do not mount the RX unit on camera's hot shoe?

And also, if you don't connect any V6 and shutter cord to the camera, and directly press camera shutter button, are you able to shoot at the normal continuous high (CH) shots?

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited April 2017
    @Antonio It makes no difference if the V6 is connected to the hot shoe or not.

The camera shutter release will allow CH until released, with V6 connected and disconnected.

Just the V6 will only take 3 frames then stop. You then have to retrigger it.

I'm thinking that the Tx sends a pulse of information that will only allow the Rx to fire 3 shots max. Would be nice to increase this as I'm using it for sports and could do with it firing for at least 10-12 frames before it cuts out.
  • edited April 2017
    I've solved it!!! I've swapped the TX/RX units around and it now works. I'm not sure why though, they both have the same firmware and "sports shutter enabled" strange! Also the RX has to be disconnected from the hot shoe. But problem solved. :-)
  • Hello @leern,

Thanks for the update and I am glad to hear the problem is solved for now. But if you will have a few weeks not use the V6 you may consider sending them your V6 so we can find out the root cause.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.