V6 and Nikon D750 - Should camera be "aware" of a flash when Cactus V6 is mounted?

I have a Nikon D750 and am using a Cactus V6.  It works great triggering other flashes with RX Cactus V6.
The camera seems to be unaware the V6 is attached; I cannot use any of the flash controls on the body (such as rear sync).  If I use TTL pass through, the camera sees a flash attached and will allow this functionality.

Is it normal that with just a V6 mounted on a D750, the camera will have no awareness of a flash attached? (I assume yes as the V6 is not an i-TTL flash).

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi there @Chopper,

Did you know the D750 has a different hot shoe?

https://www.facebook.com/Cactus.Image/posts/1239374886073347?match=d3d3LmNhY3R1cyBpbWFnZS5jb20sY2FjdHVzIGltYWdlLGQ3NTA=

Try the masking tape trick (front of hot shoe on the camera to add some extra space) and see if it works better in TTL Pass Through.

And the V6 is essentially a manual flash trigger. It only uses the centre pin, unless you are using TTL Pass Through.

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Antonio,

Makes perfect sense.  Thanks for the help.

• No problem. Let me know if it works after the DIY masking tape.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.