Sports Shutter Mode

Hi,
I'm trying to work with the Sport Shutter mode with my V6II but I have a problem:
- I put a master camera Nikon D810 + V6II and a slave camera Nikon D3S + V6II, but it's not working ! The D3S do not work when a pull the trigger of the D810, but only did it when I pull the V6II trigger.
Any ideias ?
Regards. Mario

Comments

• Hello Mario,

Is the V6 II RX unit mounted on the D3s's hot shoe?

If so, could you try only connect the V6 II to the D3s by a shutter cable.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello Antonio,
    Yes the V6II unit is mounted on the D3S's hot shoe.
    I'm going to try the connection only with a shutter cable, and I let you know.
    Thanks.
    Mario
  • Hello Antonio,
    With ou without the V6II RX mounted on the D3s's hot shoe, it's not working. (with the D3S as slave camera).
    If also tried the sport shutter mode and the relay mode, not working ! :-(
    It only work with the following set : 
    master camera Nikon D3S + V6II (mounted in hotshoe with cable) and a slave camera Nikon D810 + V6II (mounted in hotshoe with cable) 
    Any ideas ?
    Regards.
    Mario
  • Hi Mario,
    ...and a slave camera Nikon D810 + V6II (mounted in hotshoe with cable) 

How about trying not to mount this V6 II on hot shoe, but just leave it hanging from camera.  Would that help, if you are not using Relay Mode?

We will also test it in our studio and let you know if that is possible.

Thank you!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hey there. 
    I'm also having the same issue. 

I'm using my Fuji XT2 as the main camera and my XT10 with the shutter cable. It's not working.
    Tried using the Sports shutter mode and nothing. It only fires when i press the test button on the v6ii on the main camera.

Please help. 
  • @mpumelelomacu

Let me check with R&D and get back to you.

Thanks for your understanding during this time.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• The issue will be fixed on the next firmware release, likely version 1.1.014.

We have also identified the weakest link for your Fuji setup; the FPS rate on the X-T2 is too slow in order to activate the Sports Shutter function. So we will need to adjust the firmware to cater the X-T2.  This will be addressed on the next firmware, likely version FUJ.A.001.   When you do update the firmware, remember to also update your RF60X from 103 to A02.

We will post the new firmware online as soon as we have them ready.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager