Rf60 does't fire all of the time even when pressing the test button

So I'm getting some serious issue with my RF60 Flashes...
When on a shoot they constantly fail to fire.
Now the unit wont even flash all the time when I press the test button, even when its charged.

This is the second time I've had this issue, the first time I needed to send the flash back as it was faulty.
It seems like the replacements are also going the same way.

Its a huge issue for me now as I have jobs booked over the following weeks..
Please help me fix this Cactus....

Regards,

Pace

Comments

• I have ensure the the working range is correct, and that my batteries are charged... its just such an annoying issue as there is no way to tell if the flash will work at all... when it stops working it just stops... then for no reason it will just start working again..

Its causing a lot of issues on shoots,  I really do need a reliable system when working with clients..
  • Just as an update, i've noticed that the recycle time can sometimes be up to 3 seconds, even with new batteries in, that's shooting at the 1/8. Sometimes it works, and others times it just doesnt...
  • Hi Pace I am sorry to hear about the issue on your RF60.

I will report to R&D and get back to you wihin 2 days.

Thank you for your understanding during this time.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • In the meantime please check what firmware is currently running on the RF60.

Hold down the NEXT button as you switch on the unit.

Also, are you triggering the RF60 with a V6 or V6II?  What firmware version is installed on the transmitter?

You may try ininstalling a firmware on the RF60 and see if it helps.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Have you set the WORK RANGE to "SHORT"?

Your intermittent failures may stem from the transmitter (on the camera) being too close to the receivers (flashes).