HSS: Simplest settings to get RF60 to do HSS

Hello

I have the V6 II updated and an RF60 updated as of today.

I have V6 II on my camera's hot shoe and it able to trigger the RF60 with no problems.

What are the settings for the V6 II I need and the RF60 so that I can set the camera beyond it's sync speed and get the RF60 to do HSS?

I have my RF60s in different groups and thus in slave mode to be controlled by the V6.  This is the only mode I've ever used them in.

When I try to enable HSS on the RF60 it does not seem to enable (I don't see the HSS items as shown in the manual) it while I am in slave mode to the V6 II.  

Mark

Comments

• Hi Mark,

Could you confirm the firmware version installed on both your V6 II and RF60?

Many users forgot to press the "Check for Latest Firmware" button before clicking "Update".

The latest versoin is 1.1.007 for V6 II.
    RF60 is version 2.04.

As for setting up...
    1. Did your TX unit auto-detect the camera system? 
    2. Did you half-press shutter button when V6 II is auto-detecting?
    3. What camera are you using?
    Try doing a factory reset and see if the TX unit is able to detect camera system.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello Antonio

I have a Panasonic MFT.  My understanding from other threads is that it should detect it as Olympus

The V6 II detects Olypmus
    The V6 II is version 1.1.007
    The RF60s are at     204

I was not half-pressing when turning on the Tx unit but I have now and it still says Olympus.
    I tried a shutter speed beyond my camera's sync speed and it now works.

I turned off the V6 II and did not half-press the shutter and it again still works.

Is a half-press necessary every time I turn the V6 II on ? 
    Did doing the half-press once make a change that the unit now remembers ?

Is there anything necessary I need to do with the RF60s when I am using them in Slave mode. Even though it is working now I would like to make sure that it continues to work by understanding what settings are necessary for the RF60s.

• @MKaprielain, somestimes auto-detect still works because the camera is active and sent some signals to the transmitter so the V6 II was still able to detect it as Olympus / Panasonic.

You could manually set the camera system on the TX unit too, if you only shoot on one camera system. And you don't need to go through the half-press shutter button in keeping the camera active.

MENU > Camera & Flash System > Camera

Change it from AUTO to Olympus.

FYI it's mainly for Fujifilm and some camera models with a strict hot shoe connection that we recommend always using auto-detect to start off just to make sure there's a good connection.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Great, thank you.

Mark
  • Let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager