V6 can't control RF60

Hi,
I have 2 x RF60 flashguns and 3 x V6 transmitters.
All worked fine up until recently when I tried to use a single V6 on camera to fire one or both RF60's
I cannot change the flash settings on either flashgun with the V6. I have tried different channels and groups but nothing happens. The flashgun will fire when I press the test button on the V6 and occasionally when I release the shutter on the camera. Also the trigger seems to be in "dumb" mode where it will fire the flash irrespective of which channels are selected. Sometimes it requires all channels A, B, C, D to be active for test to fire flashgun.
I haven't updated the firmware and have changed batteries. I have tried this on 3 different Fujifilm cameras but with the same results.
Can you help please or am I missing something here?

Comments

• Hi @mozzer,

Sorry to hear about this. When you release the shutter button, does the Status LED blinks green on the V6?

What firmware versions are they running on?

To check:
    V6: Hold group buttons A + D and switch on the V6 at the same time, firmware version will be displayed
    RF60: Hold the NEXT button and switch on RF60

Have you tried a factory reset?
    Menu > Preference > Factory Reset.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio,
    RF60 - ver 142
    V6 - ver 2.1.001
    I have reset both the V6 and the RF60.
    The LED blinks green when I release the shutter.
    Also I have tried a Canon 580ex flash on one of the V6 units and can control the power output with another V6 on camera in TX mode.  Still not working with V6 and RF60.

• Hi Antonio,
    Just an update.  I installed version 2.04 on the RF60's and all seems to be working well now.
    I was a bit reluctant to do it earlier because on your downloads page http://www.cactus-image.com/downloads.html it states: 
    • Remarks:
    • - Firmware version 200 and onwards are for use with the Cactus V6II and V6IIs ONLY.
    • - For use with Cactus V6, use firmware version 142 and earlier.

• Perhaps you need to amend this remark?  For the record I am using Fujifilm XT1 and XT2 with the latest firmware.
    • Ta
  • Ah yes. Thanks for the nudge. We will update the information on the downloads page.

Thank you!!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.