X-PRO2 + V6 II + RF60 don't work

Hello everyone

I'm testing:

V6II latest firmware version
X-PRO2 latest firmware version
RF 60 flash 

The problem has I can't make speak my camera with external flash. The flash go lamp fire one time yes and 3 no... (in S mode) I have set the V6 II to tx and check the learn 1000 time hss, every things seems like perfect ( I read all forums and videos) . The Xpro 2 settings sometimes show me ttl indicator and other time only lamp signal (and don't work).

So I'm really sad about this situation. I'm waiting form month this gear!!

does anyone have any idea? Thank you very much

Francesco

Comments

• Update: WORK! :-)

I understand the problem: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE UNIT FLASH AND THE TRANSMITTER V6 II IT WAS LESS THAN 20 CM (ONE ARM MORE ON LESS).

So pay ATTENTION to make a little distance between this gear! 

See you

Francesco

• Hello Francesco,

Thanks for the update and I am glad it works.

It appears that the SHORT Work Range is used by most people. We will consider using SHORT as the default setting.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio,

I'm planning to buy this christmas the same setup: X-Pro2 (witch is my camera, updated to the latest firmware) + V6II + RF 60 flash but I see a lot of issues to work fine with the fuji x system.

I'll appreciate someone who really says what it's possible to do and what is not going to work
  • Hi Joan,

I have the X-Pro2, Cactus V6 II and Cactus RF60. They work fine together. I set the camera shutter speed to 1/250 or slower. You can control the power from full to 1/128 on the camera-mounted V6 II. The RF60 does not need a V6 or V6 II as this is built in to the flash unit. 

I have had a bit of trouble with other, non-Cactus flash units from Fuji, Sigma and Nikon, but those problems are solved.

I am planning to get more RF60 units. They are relatively cheap and powerful (same as Nikon SB800). They are very easy to use. I don't trust i-TTL and those automatic things. I like to have manual control of the light in order to get effect I want. 
    The new Fuji flash, the EF-X500 is certainly quite a nice flash but way too expensive. Plus no radio remote control. The good thing about Cactus is radio remote control.
    I have had a couple of episodes where the flash did not fire, but it fires in 49 out of 50 cases or better. 

Just note that the RF60 is soon discontinued. The RF60X will replace it. 

Cheers,

Geir
  • Hi everyone

When I press the wheel to "force HSS" and turn to 500 the shutter speed the lamp start but is not in sync, I hear a "POP" sound but the image has not with flashlight inside... 
    If I turn off the HSS work

mmmm... what's happen? I try to restart but it's the same things happens... 

Anybody has had this problem?

Thanks 

Francesco 
  • I have found this on Cactus site firmware section Cactus V6 II Firmware Release Notes.pdf

Cactus V6 II Firmware Release Notes Firmware V1.1.009 (Released on 25 Apr 2017) 

Bug fix - Fixed the status of the not being retained after a power cycle; Fujifilm camera supports: - Fixed the sync problem in high speed shutter after using on Fujifilm X-Pro 2; - Fixed the misfiring in . Pentax camera and flash supports: - Fixed the misfiring when using Pentax 645Z with Pentax AF540 FGZ II; - Fixed the misfiring with Pentax flashes while the flash heads are tilted.

awesome... but I don't able to find it in your site... can you help me. 

• Now it ok with the new Firmware V1.1.009 (Released on 25 Apr 2017) 

Open the firmware, connect the cactus V6 receiver/ transmitter and make a "check new firmware" from the app.

Once install that new firmware and now the "force HSS" with X-Pro 2 work!

HAPPY!!

• Glad to hear that, @francemux

Thanks for the update.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.