V6 <-> V6II Cant get them to comunicate??

I have (1) V6II and I just picked up (2) V6's . I cant get them to communicate with each other. (V6II to V6)

I have the V6II set to TX and the V6 to RX.

On my V6II I have firmware Pen.A.001 installed. On the V6 2.1.001 is installed.

I'm currently using a Pentax K3II. I'm not to worried about getting P-TTL.  If I need to change the firmware

on the V6II for it to communicate with the V6's it will not bother me. Mostly I do manual settings anyway.

The V6's  communicate perfectly with one another.

Thanks for any help

Photobill

Comments

• That is correct,

The current firmware on the V6 only works with V6 II running Multi-brand HSS, but not X-TTL firmware. 

To work trigger your existing V6 from your V6 II, you will have to install Multi-brand HSS firmware. 

At the moment we do not have a schedule for the release of new firmware on the V6.

Thank you.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks Antonio

I have reinstalled firmware "Multi-brand HSS" on my V6II  and now they are getting along.

• Thanks for the update, @photobill.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.